Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Windows and Wiring

It's been a while since I have updated! We are now finished with the framing and moved on to electricity, heating and cooling, as well as roofing! Dad has been working himself to death and Mom has been worried about him of course!
The first weekend of framing we had Brandon's parents come out and help us. They have been such a HUGE help in the process. Jack has been learning framing and helping tremendously with everything.
The second weekend of framing Jack rode out with Dad to help as well. I was back in Ft. Worth but when I returned I could tell they had made a ton of progress.
During the week Dad has made several trips out to work on things during the week such as putting in windows (YAY!), finishing the trim work and decking the roof.
A cool story with the windows that only God can do...I had wanted double windows (Dad says I have "expensive taste"...go figure) but we didn't think we were going to be able to do it. When he contacted the window salesman he was informed that someone had previously ordered two extra wide windows and had not picked them up. The salesman offered to sell them to use for the same price as the standard windows. So cool!
This past week everyone returned and Jack had the fun job of nailing on brick ties all weekend! Dad had an even more fun job of finishing the decking.
As I write this, Dad's good friend Mike and another worker Randall are wiring the house for electricity! So exciting! It is so fun to see things go up!
I cannot express how thankful we are to my dad as well as Brandon's dad. They have worked until they couldn't work anymore and it has been such a blessing. We have got to spend quality time with both of our families and we could not be more grateful for that. I'll leave you with some pictures; the last two are of the amazing vaulted ceiling in our bedroom. Its going to be so pretty! Hopefully next time I post we will have shingles and air conditioning started, and maybe, just maybe some brick!! YAY! Have a great week everyone!






2 comments:

  1. Cortny! I didn't know you have a blog! I have one too and love writing it! I'm definitely following you! Congrats on building a house! Soo exciting! It looks beautiful so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Whitney! I didn't think our actual life is very interesting so I don't write much about that, more about our house building. We wanted to remember everything about the process. Hope everything is great for you!!

    ReplyDelete